The following description of the fourth (current) church was prepared by the architects (Twizell & Twizell) and published in the city press of September 10, 1932.
“In the design of the church, perpendicular Gothic architecture of the fifteenth century has been followed. The general plan of the new church, which is 90 feet long and 45 feet wide, consists of a nave and side isles, chancel, morning chapel, entrance vestibule and organ chamber, the vestries being in the present parish hall building, to which the new church is connected.
The nave is fairly lofty, being nearly 40 feet from floor to ridge, and is lighted by eight tall clerestory windows filled with leaded glass. Below these windows are the arcades which separate the nave from the side isles. The roof is open timber hammer beam construction, stained dark oak.
The chancel is spacious and receives its principal light from a tall three-light window at the end and over the communion table. The morning chapel, to be used for small services, is entered from the church and also through the chapel porch entrance.
St. Michael's is remarkably fortunate in possessing some particularly fine oak fittings and furniture which have been installed in the new church. These include a beautiful and richly carved and traceried communion table (1912) and stone baptismal font (1912), of fine Caen Stone (the handsome Angel lectern was presented a little later).”